Monday, January 19, 2009

Rise and Shine --- Inauguration fever

Good Morning and welcome to the first day of spring training!

Well, the Eagles are done and the Phillies are right around the corner. In between, though, there's a little thing happening down in Washington D.C.
The Inauguration of Barack Obama has grown to mythical proportions. There are expected to be millions cramming the National Mall today to see the festivities. There were concerts all weekend and a a train ride. There is even a rumor that some people who live in the Nationa's Capitol are renting out floor space in their apartments ($1,000 to sleep on the floor?).
Now, though, we have scored an interview with one of Obama's biggest fans. Although she wasn't able to vote for the president (something about the law and being 4-years old), this fan can't keep the smile off her face when talking about the new president.
Hey, Le, who's that on the television?
You know.
No. I don't. Tell me.
You say it.
Please tell me.
(Big smile) Obama!
Who is he?
Obama. Obama. Obama.
Yeah, but what does he do?
Can I see Obama? On the train?
Well, it's too cold to see the train. We can watch on TV, though.
I like Obama.
Great. What does he do?
He's not a princess.
No, I guess he's not a princess.
I like princesses. Can I play my princess game?
After this is over.
Obama. Obama. Where's Sleeping Beauty?

Now, some history:


If you have any cool links or photos, send them along to onlinedelco@gmail.com

No comments: