Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rise and Shine --- Water shortage

Good Morning and welcome to another perfect summer day!

OK, when did water become such a needed commodity that some can't live without it for more than five minutes.
Here's an example: After gathering the group into the car this past weekend, we set off on the road to the movies.
Five minutes (maybe less) after pulling away from the house, the first plea came: "I'm thirsty."
Look, we were just at home. If you were so thirsty, why didn't you get a drink before we left.
"I'm thirsty. I want water."
We don't have any in the car. Maybe when we get to the movies, we can find the water fountain.
"Why don't we have any water?" came a second voice, this one from further back in the van. "I'm thirsty."
Should we just turn around and submerge everybody in a tub full of water?
Silence.
Made it to the movie without any dehydration problems.
One more example: Taking a walk on a nice summer day to pick up some tomatoes and apples (the store is about three blocks away) could be a fun time.
Then it came: "I need water. I can't make it. I'm so thirsty."
We just left the house 30 seconds ago.
"I------can't-----walk! I----need----water!"
Look, it's not like we are walking in the Sahara. We'll get a drink when we get back.
"What's the Sahara? I can't think, I'm too thirsty. They have water at the store. Can we get some water?"
No, just tomatoes. Deal. We'll be back in 10 minutes. You can have all the water you want.
"But, I'm thirsty now. If you want me to walk, you have to give me some water right now. RIGHT NOW!"
Well, maybe it will rain and you can just look up to the sky.
Magically, it didn't rain. To the store and back took 10 minutes. Everybody survived.
All the requests, though, make you thirsty for something other than water.

Watch Water, Water Every Hare in Animation  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

If you have any cool links or photos, send them along to onlinedelco@gmail.com

No comments: