Monday, June 24, 2013

Rise and Shine --- Feet in the water

Good Morning and the sun is shining brighter these days (along with the moon)!

So, got to the beach for the first time this summer and, man, the water was cold. Well, it was at least cold to me. I set up the chairs, the umbrella and the towels, then raced the brood to the ocean.
Let's all jump in.
Ever see the scene in 'Vacation' when Chevy Chase jumps into the motel pool with Christie Brinkley? Aaahhh! It was cold.
A couple of days before, my brother had told me the water was warm. "It's like 69 degrees," he said. "Usually don't see that until July."
Yeah, that's the last time I trust his knowledge of the ocean.
Still, there was something magical about the beach. I was able to tune out the 100s of other people who had the same idea and just breath in the air.
Now, if I could only figure out how the sand got, uh, there.

No comments: