Monday, September 14, 2009

Rise and Shine --- Who are these people?

Good Morning and welcome to the start of a new week!

So, I stayed up way too late last night and while flipping around the cable channels stumbled upon the MTV Video Music Awards.
Now, since MTV really doesn't show videos anymore, the award show is kind of an odd thing. Anyway, for MTV it's obviously more about the party than the videos. Whatever. It's their money. They need the ratings. Why else invite Kanye West?
Still, I sense the passing of time, but it's not until I check out these kind of shows where I really notice it.
It's not like the children are any help. The 10-year old listens to Warren Zevon and the 7-year old listens to anything I put on. The 4-year old, thanfully, is kept up-to-date by Mom and is into Lady Gaga. Maybe that's who I should ask about these performers.
I wouldn't know Kid Cudi from Kidd and Play or Wale from Free Willy.
So, call me old. Call me out of touch. Just don't call me late for dinner.
By the way, I caught this and just found it odd:

No comments: