Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rise and Shine --- Costume War

Good Morning as we get ready to party!

This should be a pretty exciting weekend. Mom returns home after her 'adventure,' the Phillies are playing in the World Series and it's Halloween.
Which, of course, means a busy couple of days. Unlike work, though, these busy days are fun. There's (hopefully) a lot of laughing and a lot of good times.
First, though, we have to get there.
While the homecoming and the Phillies are set, it's the other one that's causing some consternation.
Last year, the boys wanted to be Star Wars characters on Halloween. So, having not purchased a costume in years, we gave them the option to get one. They, of course, jumped at the chance.
So, we have a couple of Clone Troopers running around the neighborhood. (OK, thanks to the George Lucas merchandising magic, there were more than a few).
Now, those costumes apparently are out of fashion. This year, the Star Wars machine added a few different colors to the 'uniform.' So, naturally, that means it's time to buy a new costume.
Uh, not quite. At 30 bucks, a costume for one night doesn't seem to be the best idea.
So, the battle has been ranging.
'But I don't have Commander Fox. I need a Commander Fox suit!'
Who? Why don't you just be a Hobo (I know, politically incorect, but it's better than bum).
'I need to be Commander Fox.'
How about if I get a magic marker and fix last year's costume.
'NOOOOOO! Then I will only have one. I need two.'
You need .... nevermind. How about this cool Superman suit we have from a couple of years ago.
'I'm not being Superman. I'm not being Batman. I'm not being a hobo. I want to be Commander Fox!!!!'
How about a ketchup bottle?
'You don't understand anything! I'll ask Grandmom!'
So, if you see an outdated Star Wars costume this Halloween, don't laugh.

No comments: