Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Rise and Shine --- Normal?

Good Morning and now that safety isn't as big an issue, it's time to get back to the mundane!

By the way, I was wondering, if the Phillies play the Yankees in the World Series (certainly looks that way) is it more of a 'legitimate' finals than playing the Tampa Bay Rays last year?
It's sort of like asking Steelers fans if their latest Super Bowl title was tainted because they played the Arizona Cardinals.
Sure, you'd like your favorite teams to play the history-laden Yankees, but a title is a title is a title. Now that we are heading to a second Series in the row (it's still pretty amazing), do we need the Yankees to be there as some sort of statement?
I guess that would only make a difference if the Phillies win again. If they go out and lose to the Yankees, maybe they are diminished a little bit.
Then again, that parade was pretty amazing last year.
Meanwhile, as the NLCS (Phillies clinching party?) took the night off, there wasn't too much to follow on television last night.
Sure, you could watch that Yankees-Angels series, and I'm sure there was some good baseball played, but a lull was needed.
Then again, it gets ramped up tonight.
I hear through the grapevine those troops in Iraq will be watching the Phillies tonight as well. I look forward to the story.
Then comes my age old question: Do I let the children stay up to watch the game?
There is school tomorrow. There is work tomorrow. The game won't be over until close to midnight (7 a.m. in Basrah).
Still, after all those years of suffering through bad after bad when it came to the Phillies, I feel like I need to let them watch a possible clincher.
There's still the feeling this won't go on forever.
Meanwhile, a shoutout to Iraq:

No comments: