Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rise and Shine -- Does the heart good

Good Morning and, hey, is that a Cardinal out there!

So, Monday morning about 6:55 a.m., the oldest said he needed a photo of me for school. Now, I quickly noticed a few things.
First was why did the request come about 10 minutes before the bus was going to arrive ("I forgot I had homework," came the reply).
Second was most of my photos exist in digital form. I never think about getting them printed.
Third was there was very few photos of me. I take the pictures, don't need to be in them.
So, we scrambled, found one, the computer crashed and couldn't get it in time.
What do you need it for? I asked.
"It's just part of homework," came the 12-year old's reply. "It's OK. It'll be all right without one."
So, off to the bus and through the day, not thinking about it again.
Anyway, Monday was the dreaded back-to-school night. While walking through the halls, I noticed the students were tasked to make up a front-page of a newspaper (imagine that!) about themselves.
In the lower left corner, there was a spot for "Meet My Hero."
In that spot, the boy had written "My Dad."
I don't know if I've ever had a prouder moment.

No comments: