Monday, September 19, 2011

Rise and Shine --- Late nights, early mornings

Good Morning Eagles fans and welcome to the Kafka era!

I know better. I know that alarm's going to be about as welcome as the next bill. I know I'm looking at a day that's going to fall into a haze of sleepiness.
Still, I stayed up to watch the Eagles/Falcons game last night.
OK, truth be told, I did doze off a bit in the third quarter. When I woke up, Mike Kafka was in the game. I was sure it was a blowout one way or the other.
As the clock ticked past 11 p.m. I said to myself, "Self, 10 more minutes and it's off to bed."
Ten minutes turned into 20 and finally 40 before I pulled up off the couch and made the way up to bed (by the way, why do we go upstairs to bed?).
Sure enough, about four hours later when that alarm went off, getting up was tough. Made it to work on time, but I'm only asking for one thing: Send coffee!

No comments: