Monday, September 12, 2011

Rise and Shine --- School days

Good Morning and welcome back to the fog!

So, the first week of school is out of the way. That means now things can really get down to business.
I warned everybody this weekend to expect homework to start, probably today.
Since they are all still in summer mode (my fault, maybe), the cold slap of the homework bug is going to be a major wake up.
Now, instead of getting off the bus, throwing down the bags and tossing around the Frisbee, it's going to mean get the sharpened pencil and get back to work. The biggest problem is there hasn't really been any homework since late May.
The schoolies have taken great pride in coming home and saying, "Well, Dad, you have homework!"
OK, I expected that. Fill out all the forms, cover the books and make sure all the ducks are in order.
This week, I expect the fight.
Sure, you can have a snack, but I want the homework done. I don't want to argue. I don't want to hear how tired you are after school.
If the homework doesn't get done, well, you'll be more tired tomorrow. Welcome to the vicious cycle.
My goal this year is to try to make homework fun. Let's play a game. Get the math done, get a treat. Spelling done? Another treat. Reading? OK, it's time for dinner, no more.
Somehow, I don't think it will work out that way.

No comments: