Monday, November 26, 2012

Rise and Shine --- Lights, camera, action

Good Morning and did you hear the news stations using that 4-letter word this morning?

Maybe I'm in the minority (and a look around the neighborhood says I am), but I can't pull out the Christmas decorations until December.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's nice to see the lights on houses. It's cool to see some of the new decorations people have purchased. I just can't do it.
I can't go into the back of the garage and pull those boxes out. Heck, I just finally put away the rest of the Halloween stuff.
The Christmas stuff? We are looking at this weekend or next (that's right, next!).
It's not that I don't like decorating. Someday, I want to be motivated enough to have a Griswald house. I want people driving past to slow down and take a look. I want the neighbors to knock on the door and say, "Wow, you really got me into the Christmas spirit!"
No matter when Thanksgiving falls, though, it won't happen until December.
Then I start thinking of the electric bill and, well, maybe it won't happen until mid-December.

No comments: