Blogs > Rise and Shine

Good Morning everbody. Check here for your wake up call every day. We will have updated traffic, weather and few fun things to get you through the morning.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Rise and Shine --- Sales? No such thing

Good Morning and wouldn't it be nice if we could one day get away from the political debate?

So, while watching TV last night, I saw several commercials talking about Black Friday sales. One, I think it was for Macy's, said Black Friday was already here. All right, I'm hopping in the car right now to get some overpriced perfume.
I worked for Macy's over the holidays for a few years. I met some amazing people who have a great work ethic. I met some people who were more interested in texting than working.
Whatever. That happens everywhere.
What I started to notice, though, was there was no such thing as a sale. The prices for the clothes and kitchen stuff pretty much stayed the same throughout the season.
Sure, if you wanted to sign up for a Macy's credit card, you could get it a little cheaper. For the most part, though, it was what it was.
If you wanted to pay more, you could find high-priced items. If you wanted something reasonable, it was there as well.
So, when you head out next Friday (or Thursday night I now see), just know there is no rush.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home