Blogs > Rise and Shine

Good Morning everbody. Check here for your wake up call every day. We will have updated traffic, weather and few fun things to get you through the morning.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Rise and Shine --- All about the music

Good Morning and I'm still trying to figure out exactly who Hunter Hayes is?

A few years ago, I watched the Grammy Awards and felt very out of touch. The voices were foreign to me, a person who thought he was keeping up with the times.
So, having dedicated myself over the past couple of years to at least give a listen to new stuff. My radio has been tuned mostly to WXPN (I slowly realized other stations were playing the same 10 songs over and over and over again).
I found some really good music being created. I knew who the Lumineers were before they hit the stage. I had listened to Halestorm before they ran up on stage. My morning routine normally includes the Alabama Shakes playing in the background.
I was glad to see Mumford & Sons win for one of the best albums put together in years.
I might not get fun., but they certainly seem to put on a good show.
In fact, the worst part of last night's show, was when Elton John took the stage. Sir Elton, yes, you are a legend, but let the new people sing.
So, maybe I'm not as out-of-touch as I used to be.
Then again, who the heck is Pitbull and how did he get up there?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home