Thursday, February 21, 2013

Rise and Shine --- Hey, Old Man Winter...

Good Morning and how about that wind?!?
Woke up this morning with a stuffed-up head. I didn't feel so bad last night. Just the normal run-down type of thing. This morning, though, the sniffles.
OK, I've officially had it. The cold, the wind, the rain, the short snowfalls.
 ENOUGH!
Bring on the spring. I guess it's always tough this time of year because we see the Phillies practicing in the Florida sunshine and we are shivering under our blankets.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it could be much worse. We could have snowflakes pelting our faces as we try to keep up with the shoveling. We could be outside scraping the windows down every morning. The heat could go out.
I'm not complaining about the winter. I actually find the cold somewhat exhilarating most days, but it's now time to go.
Old Man Winter, you've overstayed your welcome.
Bring me singing birds, growing grass and a couple of games of H-O-R-S-E in the driveway. I want to ride my bike without wearing gloves.
Bring me baseball that's played somewhere except on the television. I want to color Easter eggs. I want fresh tomatoes not grown in a hothouse in South America.
Then again, it is kind of nice to stay under the covers...

No comments: