Friday, November 6, 2009

Rise and Shine --- You're no fun

Good Morning and welcome to a chilly Friday!

While talking about the World Series last week to a 7-year old boy, it morphed into the following conversation:
'Dad, when you were a kid did you watch Star Wars?'
Well, I saw the movies when they came out. I thought they were pretty good.
'No. Dad. Did you watch the 'Clone Wars?'
They didn't have the 'Clone Wars' when I was a child. It was just the movies.
'Didn't your parents let you watch Cartoon Network when you were a kid?'
I'm sure they would have let me watch, but we didn't have Cartoon Network.
'What, you didn't have a TV like ours?'
I guess the TVs were the same, but there was no such thing as Cartoon Network. We didn't have cable.
'Granpop didn't buy it.'
Well, not exactly. There really wasn't cable TV. We had about six channels to watch and there weren't cartoons on all day.
'Hmmm. How about Nick?'
No, we had 3, 6, 10, 12, 17 and 29. I think there was another mixed in, but they came and went. Mostly there were some cartoons on Saturday mornings. If there was no school, we watched Channel 12. Things like Seseme Street and Romper Room.
'Sounds kind of boring.'
Well, maybe it was, but we also played outside or played games or just ran around.
'You mean like this. AHHHHHHH!!!' (Jumping off the couch).
Sure, that's fun too. Just don't break anything.
'Can I watch TV?'
No. Figure out something else. Just don't jump out of a tree.
'You're no fun.'
Not as much fun as this:

No comments: