Blogs > Rise and Shine

Good Morning everbody. Check here for your wake up call every day. We will have updated traffic, weather and few fun things to get you through the morning.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Rise and Shine --- The art of hitting

Good Morning and welcome to a brand, spanking-new week!

Somebody once said the hardest thing to do in sports was hit a baseball. Well, way back in the day, I lived through the statement. I probably would have done better not even taking a bat up to the plate. My Major League dreams died after the first pitch.
Still, I had fun. I remember the days of walking with my friends to the fields. I remember the first time I actually got a hit. I remember the last game I played.
Now, I see the perspective through other eyes. Each of the boys are playing baseball this year. They struggle with the bat. It's something I expected. I tried to give the warnings, but it looks so easy when somebody else is doing the hitting.
So, they practice. They get frustrated. They want to practice some more.
I did make the mistake of one day sitting them down in front of the television to watch the Phillies game.
"Look," I said, "see how they hold the bat. See how they swing. See, they don't get hits every time, either."
Well, in these days, most times.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home