Thursday, May 12, 2011

Rise and Shine --- The needle

Good Morning and here we are again!

Ever notice how the needle on your car's gas gauge seems to speed up once you hit a quarter tank? Leaving work last night after another riveting Live from the Newsroom, I glanced to see how much gas was left.
Well, there was a quarter tank. Plenty, I said, to get home and wait until this morning to fill up (by which I mean get about 10 bucks). So, I started the car this morning and suddenly the dial showed significantly less. By the time I got to work, I was afraid I might have to start walking. Which, after I saw the price at the Wawa on Baltimore Pike went up a couple more cents yesterday($4.05, really?), might just be the best option.
Speaking of those prices, ever notice how the price can jump seemingly every hour when we're told they need to go up. Yet, when we hear the price is dropping, it takes forever.
Now, not talking conspiracy here, but that doesn't seem right.

No comments: