Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Rise and Shine --- Selling?

Good Morning and welcome to another one of "those" days!

As part of our responsibility of being part of the baseball league this year is spending one shift in the snack bar.
I'm on the schedule for tonight. When I first heard about it, I figured it would be pretty easy. After all, a few people would ask for hot dogs. Maybe some ice cream. The hour would go pretty fast.
That was, until the other day when I was standing in line for the latest request. Somebody in the front actually said this: "I need a pack of gum, but all I have is $100 bill. Can you break it?"
Lady, it's a freaking snack bar at a youth baseball league. First of all, why would you bring $100 bill to the game. Second, most Wawa's wouldn't break $100 bill.
Some people are amazing.
So, tonight, I'm braced for the worst and hoping for the best. I'll have a posse of four manning the booth (unless it rains).
I just hope everybody leaves the $100 bill at home.

No comments: