Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Rise and Shine --- No avoiding it

Good Morning and when does spring training begin?
OK, I got the flu shot. I stayed away from people who were coughing or sneezing. I refrained from shaking hands. I kept out of the hospital (always a good thing).
Yet, for the first time in a couple of years, I got sick this winter. For the past week, I felt like the best course of action was to head to a Leper's island. Eating real food was not an option. Getting out of bed was the biggest battle of the week.
Went through a box of green tea. Ate mostly crackers.
When I finally started to feel better, I got the cough. Hacking up a lung would have been much easier than the constant coughing. I hurt my head. It hurt my chest.
I feel like I'm finally emerging out of the sick realm.
There was a story a few years ago about a bunch of parents who got together for a Chicken Pox Party. When one friend got the chicken pox, they parents would invite the whole class to a party so everybody could get it at the same time.
Sounds a little stupid (I don't want any of my kids to get chicken pox and I'm certainly not going to make it happen). When you can't avoid whatever is going around, though, it's better to just get it and be done.
At least that's what I'm saying now.

No comments: