Monday, March 11, 2013

Rise and Shine --- Ice, Ice, Baby

Good Morning and it's almost here!

You know, I'm not a big fan of the snow. I really don't like being cold. Yeah, I have a pretty good winter coat that keeps me warm, but I don't usually get into running around during the winter.
Give me the spring and a baseball. Give me the summer with a Frisbee. Give me the fall with a football.
Like a bear, I'd rather just sleep through the whole winter. Wake me up when the flowers start to bloom.
A few weeks ago, I won passes to Sno Mountain in the Poconos. I asked the group if they wanted to do some snow tubing. The answer was the typical: "I don't know."
So, to me, that was a challenge. We were going to do it. We pulled out the boots, hats and gloves then made the long trip to the Poconos this past weekend (yeah, we cut it kind of close).
Luckily, the spring-like weather kept a lot of people off the mountain, so we didn't have to wait very long to get to the top and then to the top of the line.
Tell you what, it was liberating. After a winter of uncertainties, it was nice to just let loose.
Sure, it only took a couple of seconds to get down the slope, but it was awesome. Just let go, feel the air and speed.
OK, maybe it's a short thing, but I think we'll be heading back next winter.


No comments: