Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Shopping

Good Morning and I'm glad I didn't get caught in all that 'ponding' this morning!!!

I remember years ago heading to the King of Prussia mall on Black Friday. It wasn't so much of a family tradition where we all got excited about going to the mall. It's just something that happened.
We got in the car, went to the mall, ate lunch and went home.
When the whole early-morning Black Friday explosion hit about 15 years ago, I didn't take part.
Really, I never needed a $10 microwave, so getting up early didn't appeal to me.
Neither did the crowds. It's became like a zombie takeover out there with people pushing and shoving for no reason than they could push and shove.
I understand people liked the party atmosphere. They made it a family thing and got all their Christmas shopping done by 9 a.m.
Bully for you.
Now, stores are opening up Thanksgiving night. I think I just heard Toys-R-Us will be open at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
Of course, there's a bit of a stink with people complaining about letting workers stay with families. Give them a day off.
Sure, that's great.
I won't be shopping Thanksgiving night. It's not because I am making a political protest. It's just that I don't like shopping.
If people want to work. Let them work. If stores want to open, who cares?
I think we have long passed the point of return on that.

No comments: