Wednesday, December 4, 2013

About that Healthcare Web site

Good Morning and what crazy traffic!

There's been a lot of talk on those 24-hour news stations about Healthcare.gov and how it works and what side of the political spectrum you are on and whether this is a good thing or not.
To me, it seems like so much noise.
Anybody who has ever worked on a Web site (or even visited one) could have predicted Healthcare.gov was going to crash as soon as it came online. No server can handle that crash or users. Anybody who thought differently was just fooling themselves.
Now, I am lucky enough to not need healthcare, but I know tons of people who do. One just the other day said, although they never even attempted to try Healthcare.gov, they knew it wasn't going to work.
Why, I asked.
Then this person told me how they heard it wasn't working and you had to pay tons of money just to sign up. In other words, there's a lot of misinformation being fed from both sides (OK, mostly from one side).
I went on the site yesterday around Noon. I found it easy to navigate. It took me about 5 minutes to see which plans I could purchase.
So, much like most things politically motivated, I would suggest you check it out first and not listen to the rhetoric.
Let me know how it goes.

No comments: