Monday, December 9, 2013

Great, Big Thank You

Good Morning and, sure the snow looks nice, but come on?

There are many reasons I do not like winter weather.
The major reason is it seems to be my luck it always hits when I am at work.
Now, on the surface, that might not seem so bad. What's the difference if you are safe at work or safe at home? Yeah, OK, that's one thing.
It cuts even deeper than having to slog through our parking lot.
I always get nervous about shoveling. The last thing I (or anybody I think) want to do is work all day, then get home to shovel. Especially when I'm working on a Sunday and I just know the rest of neighborhood was out hours earlier clearing the sidewalks.
So, that was on the top of my head while I sat in the office and watched the snow fall yesterday. I figured I was here until late into the night, because it was a better option than driving in the mess (not to mention the mess of Delco drivers).
As I pulled onto Providence road at about 10 p.m. (took a good 30 minutes to clear the car after sitting all day), I figured I'd have to get home and pull on the boots.
By then the roads were certainly passable, so it didn't take that long to get home. As I pulled in front of the house, I couldn't help but smile.
My great neighbors had cleaned off the sidewalk.
I thought I lived in a great neighborhood, now I know for sure.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
The next one's on me.
Of course, I'll probably be at work when it hits...

No comments: