Blogs > Rise and Shine

Good Morning everbody. Check here for your wake up call every day. We will have updated traffic, weather and few fun things to get you through the morning.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Getting back into the groove

Good Morning and watch out for the lightning!

So, I'm back at work after a week's vacation.
Usually people in here don't ask about vacations. If someone does, I usually say it was "Too short."
Secretively, though, I always look forward to getting back to the routine after a week off. Many times, I need a vacation from vacation (yes, that is weird).
This year, though, I had the most relaxing, fun vacation I can remember ever having.
I didn't want it to end. I wish I could make a sequel to Groundhog Day and make it Groundhog Week.
The kids didn't fight (well, not too much) and spending time with the whole family was great.
As I look back, though, the most relaxing part was I didn't keep up with any of the news. The cell phones were off. The TVs were kept off because there was enough to do without it.
Heck, I didn't even know LeBron James went back to Cleveland until Sunday. The Phillies might as well have won five straight games (They did?). I didn't here the name Tom Corbett. I missed the start of the political attack ad season.
Let's not even get into the bitterness of other things.
It was liberating in a way. I think it's time to do that more often.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home