Thursday, July 24, 2014

You can't have any pudding if you don't eat

Good Morning and here we are again!

When the children don't want to do their homework, I like to sing the key verse for Pink Floyd's "The Wall"
Everybody knows it: "We don't need no education."
After a couple of minutes, the homework gets done (or at least restarted).
Sometimes, if it gets so bad, I'll play the whole song at top volume.
The other day, I had to use a different part of the song during dinner.
I try to get everybody to eat a healthy meal, but a lot of times it turns into a battle.
The only chip I have is dessert. Usually, something's ready. Their favorite this time of year (really, any time of the year) is ice cream.
So, the rule is simple, eat your vegetables or no dessert. Lately, I've been grilling the veggies, which gives a great taste to squash, peppers, beets.
Now, I don't overload the plate with the veggies. Just a few, sometimes maybe just one piece.
Half the time, they give up the possibility of dessert because they don't want to eat a small amount.
Makes no sense to me, but, I guess, that's how we keep the ball rolling.

No comments: