Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Give somebody a microphone and...

Good Morning and how about them Phillies!

My grandfather was a big fan of pro wrestling. When we were over the house on a Saturday morning, he would turn the TV to wrestling and we would all sit and watch. Well, it was either that or the Three Stooges (my grandmother hated both).
Anyway, there would always be a segment where somebody like Superstar Billy Graham would say something dumb to get the people fired up.
Pro wrestling (although I haven't watched in years), probably follows the same script. Somebody says something, others get mad, a match ensues.
I mean, I'm all for free speech and all, but some people shouldn't have a microphone.
Usually, I'm just shaking my head at people like Sarah Palin (really, Sarah, God wants Obama impeached?)
Uh, maybe it's just me, but there seems to be far more things God would be watching.
Then there's Tony Dungy.
The former Steelers player, Colts coach and NFL TV talking head said in a story published by the Tampa Tribune he wouldn't have drafted Michael Sam (for those who forget or don't care, he is the first openly gay player drafted by the NFL). The reason being because "I wouldn't want to deal with it all."
Deal with it all?
Wait a minute, isn't this the same guy who helped get Michael Vick back in the NFL?
Take the mic away.

No comments: