Wednesday, March 12, 2008

RISE AND SHINE

GOOD MORNING, DELAWARE COUNTY.
Think Barak Obama will make his way to Springfield tonight? If he does, will he do some shopping at Bliss Avenue?

I must admit, to steal a line from Jack McCaffery, I don't get 'American Idol.'
Maybe my taste in music is different or whatever, but I haven't found one of the 'winners' so far the least bit talented. There are probably more talented singers hitting the bars on the weekends than making it to Fox.
I think I watched about five minutes of one show over the course of its run. There is a funny take on the Shrek 2 DVD, but the show just doesn't cut it. Now, the only taste of 'American Idol' I get is the highlights they show on morning TV.
This morning, I've seen three absolutely horrible covers of Beatles songs that John Lennon must be ready to rise from the grave to take revenge.
The worst thing is the highlights shows the judging panel actually like the versions. They absolutely loved some goofy looking guy's cover of Eleanor Rigby
that nearly made me spit out my coffee.
They also showed a Let it Be cover and one for Eight Days a Week.
I get the gimmicks. They have to keep everybody interested, especially those who are bored by the stupid comments by Paula Abdul.
So, for those who only get their music from TV, listen to this:


If you have any cool links or photos, send them to onlinedelco@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love ya, big guy. Your column keeps me going.