Monday, July 25, 2011

Rise and Shine --- Swimming

Good Morning and welcome to (supposedly) a break from the heat!

The plan at the beginning of every summer is to join a pool and take advantage of it when it gets really hot. The plan falls apart every summer when I remember how much it costs to join a pool.
So, we take advantage of Grandmom and Grandpop's hospitality and jump. As the summer sun continued to bear down last week, their pool was a welcome respite.
When the heat was there again Saturday morning, I thought it was a good idea to stay in the air conditioning. So, we hit a couple of stores and saw a small, throwaway pool for $3.
OK, I thought, it would be perfect for those days when I didn't feel like driving. Saturday being one of those days, we got the pool home and filled it up.
So, with bathing suits on, one foot went into the water when the unbelievable came.
"It's too cold!!!"
Too cold, I said, it's like 150 degrees out here today. Walk around the house once, then you'll be ready to go in.
"That's not going to work. The water is too cold. It needs to be heated!!!"
OK, I continued, we'll stay outside until you're ready to get wet.

Lasted about 10 minutes. Now, I want it too stay hot for a few weeks.

No comments: