Monday, February 27, 2012

Rise and Shine --- Oscars? Yawn!

Good Morning and what's the cure for today's Oscar hangover?

Yes, I watched the whole show last night. Yes, my alarm goes off at 3:36 a.m., so it probably wasn't the greatest idea I ever had.
Why did I stay up so late? Mostly, I was hoping the show would get a little better.
I usually like the Oscars. There are usually some funny little bits. I like seeing the scenes from the best movies. There sometimes are actually some surprises.
This year? Boring with a capital 'B.'
There were no real surprises. Everybody predicted 'The Artist' would win and it did. With the exception of J.Lo's dress and the Will Ferrell/Zach Galifianakis bit, none of the presenters did anything outlandish.
Sasha Baron Cohen dumped some ash on Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet, but they didn't even show him sitting in the audience.
Host Billy Crystal looked old, sounded old and his jokes fell flat.
Still, it's one of those nights you just stay up. Now, I need a nap.

No comments: