Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rise and Shine --- Side effect: Death

Good Morning and welcome back to another lovely day!

The best thing about having a DVR (and a VCR before that) is you can watch a show and skip through the commercials.
I know, I know, these companies sink a whole lot of money into the ad, the least we could do is let it run, even if we are not paying attention.
The problem is, most commercials are annoying. Sure, there are those that run during the Super Bowl that are well thought out and entertaining. There are funny ones. There are poignant ones.
Then there's this one about the iPhone that has been sufficiently ridiculed.
Don't even get me started on those commercials from drug companies. The reading of the list of side effects runs longer than the actual commercial.
The other night, I was half paying attention to one when I heard the announcer say death was one of the side effects.
DEATH!
I don't care what the drug supposedly cures, if one of the side effects is death, why would you take it?
Better yet, why would you advertise it?

No comments: