Monday, July 9, 2012

Rise and Shine --- Really, that long?

Good Morning and how about that Sun, Ladies and Gentlemen!




Attended a funeral service Friday for my aunt on my father's side. Haven't seen that part of the family for about 20 years. The last time any of us could remember, it was a different funeral.

Yeah, not the greatest places to catch up.

To tell the truth, I always find the situation kind of awkward and, even at my advancing age, am somewhat perplexed on how to handle it.

On the one hand, I was happy to see my cousins again. We had fun times growing up. I remember playing ball. I remember running around. I remember walking to the corner store.

Then there was the little reason why everybody was getting together.

"Hey, great to see you. Oh yeah, sorry about your mother."

It's sad, but it's happy. Too many things going on at once.

By the end of the day, after eating too much, drinking too much and spending too much time in the sun, everybody seemed to be smiling.

Here's to hoping it's not another 20 years.

No comments: