Monday, August 27, 2012

Rise and Shine --- Keeping it alive

Good Morning and when the Phillies are playing Game 1 of the World Series at Citizens Bank Park, remember you heard it here first!!

So, we ran a story last week about the incoming college Class of 2016.

After getting over the fact they were born in 1994 (really? 1994?), there were some interesting trends.

For instance, if you didn't think we've morphed into a TV (or more likely video) society, then you'd be shocked the Class of 2016 get most of their news from "The Daily Show" or on YouTube.

According to the study, they have always lived in cyberspace. Computers are as likely to be as opened as the front door.

This new class of college students have probably never purchased a CD, let alone an album. Everything is quick hits, including music. I would imagine the song "American Pie" would be turned off the first time they went to the "levee, but the levee was dry."

Anyway, I've taken it upon myself to keep these old timey ways alive.

First, though, I had to take a quick survey. Having nobody from the Class of 2016 around, I had to use a member of the Class of 2021.

OK, where do you get your news?

Blank stare.

OK, where do you find out what's happening in the world?

"From you."

Good. Go to the CD cabinet and pick out something to listen to.

"That's all right."

Well, then, how about answering me this, who is Bill Clinton?

"Dad, I'm reading. Leave me alone."

I'll try again later.

No comments: