Monday, September 10, 2012

Rise and Shine --- Nothing at all

Good Morning and, what's that you say, Fall is here?


So, we are a week into school and already I'm told there's been nothing going on.

Here's a typical conversation after the bus pulls away:

So, how was school today?

"OK"

Just OK. What did you do?

"Nothing really."

Nothing? You didn't learn anything new. You don't have some stories to tell about your new teachers?

"Nah. We didn't really do anything."



Now, I can understand the first week. Students and teachers are checking each other out. Both are still trying to shake the cobwebs of summer away.

This conversation could happen (and probably will) in December or April or June.

I know, I know, I'm sure I did the same thing many eons ago.

I would like to know, though, what's going on. Just give me a little bit. A small morsel would be enough to satiate.

Just don't ask what I did at work.

No comments: