Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rise and Shine -- Take your trains and ...


Good Morning! I had to put my heat on in the car this morning. It's too early for my tastes.



I'm sure you've all seen the commercials where a punch of people walk in front of a too-small screen to talk about how taking SEPTA is only way to get to a game.

Uh, no SEPTA. I tried it this past weekend. It was as horrible as I remember.

Now, I've given SEPTA plenty plenty of chances. I took the train down to the Live 8 concert. Then saw as they put too few trains on the line and had people actually jammed in the doorways to get home.

I jumped on SEPTA to take in the Phillies parade in 2008 (We getting another one this year?). After getting pushed and pulled all over the place, I felt it would be easier to walk.

Now, there wasn't much going on in the city this weekend. I had tickets to the Temple/Maryland football game (the 7-year old had been begging to go). Instead of driving down, I thought it would save some money and fun to take the train.

Uh, no. You can get by the rude attitude of the workers selling tickets. You can get by the train schedules that haven't been updated since the 1960s. What you can't get by, though, is the filth.

Have the trains on the Broad Street Line ever been cleaned? How about the stations for that matter? Do we really need the recordings to announce the next station to sound like a drive thru McDonald's?

From now on, it's back in the car.

No comments: