Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Rise and Shine --- Dealing with it

Good Morning and, really, frost today? It was like 70 yesterday.


Everybody deals with things differently. Some people go into a funk when something happens. Some people just ignore it. Some people try to find solutions.

So, when my Mom was rushed to the hospital after falling and banging her head, I didn't know how to feel. Should I rush down there, you know, just in case it's really serious. Should I wait around for updates. Should I just plug ahead.

After a couple of minutes of thinking, I jumped in the van and drove as fast as I could to to the hospital.

Once it became apparent she was OK, I couldn't help myself but try to find the humor in the situation.

Actually, we all did. We thought it was funny when the nurse asked if she used a worker.

We thought it was funny when the nurse was shocked Mom was still working full-time at 70.

We joked about getting one of those Hoverounds with the goofy commercials.

That's how we do it in our family. Try to find the light side and, bad taste and all, try to laugh a little bit.


No comments: