Monday, October 22, 2012

Rise and Shine --- Holiday overload

Good Morning and welcome to the only place on the Internet you want to be!
Like mostly everybody else, I like holidays. OK, that's not exactly the pull-you-in kind of opening loyal readers are used to, but I thought I would throw out some truth.

What I don't get is how we've advanced the holidays so far that there are pre-pre-pre-Christmas sales in July.

I like holiday shopping the old-fashioned way. Which means, I want to think about Halloween in October; Thanksgiving in November and Christmas in December. (We'll discuss Arbor Day some other time).

So, while thinking about how to decorate the house for Halloween this year, I went out to a couple of local stores over the weekend.

That's when I found out I was behind the times. Halloween had been reduced to one aisle in most places. In one store, Halloween had been reduced to one end of the aisle and most of that stuff was broken.

So, I went home and pulled out the box of decorations before I thought, "Wait, I have over a week until Halloween. There's no rush."

So, I'll start to put the stuff up this week (as long as I get help from my helpers). Yeah, I guess I'm late. By the time I get all the ghosts floating the witches flying, I'll probably see commercials for bathing suit sales.

No comments: