Monday, October 29, 2012

Rise and Shine --- Storm chasing

Good Morning and how about that Sandy!
So, while talking about the upcoming 'SUPER STORM,' I mentioned at the breakfast table Sunday I was going to become a storm hunter.
You know, those people who drive around in SUVs and get some cool video of tornadoes and hurricanes.
"Good luck with that," said the teenager.
"Uh, I'm not going with you," said the 7-year old.
"Yeah, right," added the 10-year old.
OK, how about if I just do storm hunting from the backyard? That would be safer.
"Like anybody's going to pay for that," came the quick retort.
Yeah, but it will be better than driving into work through a storm. I could set up a camera under an umbrella and sit there as Sandy comes in.
"First, the umbrella would blow away," came the 2nd-grader's logic. "Can I watch TV?"
OK, so my first attempt at garnering excitement didn't go so well. Let's see what happens tonight.

No comments: