Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Rise and Shine -- Fa la la la

Good Morning and how about those 76ers!

Anyway, while walking around the Springfield mall yesterday, I noticed the Christmas (holiday?) music coming through the speakers.
Suddenly, I had a flashback to just a couple of years ago. For three years, I worked at Macy's in King of Prussia during the holiday season. Once I got past just how messy customers can be, it wasn't so bad.
Sure, I folded a lot of sweaters and put way too many 3-piece boys outfits back on the racks to count, but the co-workers were nice and I was able to have some interesting conversations.
Then there was the music. The same songs over and over and over again.
I used to enjoy listening to the music of the season, but I think those hours in Macy's may have ruined my ears. I can take it in short bursts, but was actually thinking about buying a pair of headphones so I could listen to the music on my phone instead of those in the mall.
By the way, if I hear 'Baby it's cold outside' one more time I might just hunt those people down and put them out in the snow.


No comments: