Monday, October 21, 2013

Air conditioning and heat

Good Morning and if I hear that 'We buy any car' commercial one more time this morning ...

I have kind of an unwritten policy in the house. It's unwritten, because I can change it any time, but usually don't.
So, when the thermostat hit 90 a couple of weeks ago, I turned on the air conditioner even though it was October. See, the rule is the AC goes off mid-September (the date is flexible). Then it doesn't come back on until June.
I usually stay hard and fast with that one (sorry, PECO), but I did break down when the humidity got too much one day and we were all sweating while watching TV.
The other rule is the heat doesn't go on until November (hopefully not until Thanksgiving). It doesn't go on in October. If you're cold, put on a sweater.
I nearly broke down this weekend, though. Even though I knew in my mind it wasn't that chilly, it certainly felt that way. There was close to some teeth chattering during Saturday night's movie fest.
Close, but not yet.
So, I won't get penalized yet as the heat stays off.

No comments: