Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween: Then and now

Good Morning and welcome to Halloween week!

OK, so maybe it's not an actual holiday (at least not in the good, ole' US of A), but Halloween is certainly a lot of fun.
Sure, it's changed over the years. I remember dressing up and going door-to-door for candy, but there wasn't a whole lot of difference between houses.
You knocked, they answered, maybe joked around and gave you some candy.
When I was in, I think, 7th grade, a neighbor's father up the street started dressing up and answering the door. It was great fun. Everybody laughed and that was it.
I like to take that to the extreme. I try to make a little Halloween party in the front yard. I'm not as crazy as an old friend was who turned her whole house into a Halloween adventure every year. It took a month to set up and and month to clean up.
I want to be part of the fun. Now, I just have to decide on a costume.

No comments: