Tuesday, June 10, 2014

It's coming! It's coming! Everybody duck!

Good Morning and welcome back to the rain!

When I was, I think 12, my parent's took the family on vacation to Disney World. Back then, there was just one park. The Epcot Center was being built, but, really, who needs more than one Disney park.
My favorite was 'Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.'
It was basically as advertised. You sat in a dinky old car and went through some crazy turns, jostling back-and-forth against your ride partner. The highlight was at the end where your car suddenly jumped on train tracks and was careening right in the front of an oncoming train. Everybody ducked before crashing through the doors to the end of the ride.
Sadly, they replaced the ride in 1998 with some kind of Winnie The Pooh thing.
Anyway, I started thinking about Mr. Toad this morning when I looked at the calendar.
It's June 10.
That means there's only a week left of school.
That means summer is coming.
I have a feeling it's going to be another wild ride.

No comments: