Monday, June 2, 2014

Summer of ... what?

Good Morning and welcome to the sunshine!

OK, I'm a little worried about this summer and I have to do something about it.
I have to make sure this summer is more than just sitting in front of a computer and playing games.
That didn't go over so well with the group at home, but, darn, I'm going to make sure it happens.
If it means taking drives to far away parks, so be it. If it means finding an empty tennis court, we'll be there. If it means hanging out in the backyard playing RISK, well, that's going to have to be.
See, I'm worried about the constant barrage of electronics. Now, I'm not one of those who sits there and tells everybody about what it was like before cell phones (actually, not so bad).
I don't talk about riding my bike for hours on end or just throwing a ball against the wall.
I know it's a different time. Things change. Where I used to walk to a friend's house, they can now video Skype. That's fine, but sometimes it's just as much fun to walk over.
It won't be an easy task, but, hey, somebody has to do it.

No comments: