Monday, August 11, 2014

It's all about the service

Good Morning and the Phillies should still move Ryan Howard.

You know, there are a lot of restaurants out there begging for my money. There are those big chains who want to 'See me Tomorrow.' There are others which offer great deals (really, two meals for $20) or e-mail clubs for free stuff.
So, if you want to go out to dinner, there are so many choices you could literally throw darts at a map and hit one.
Most of the places make really good stuff. I can count on one hand the number of times the food was awful. I'd pretty much take my credit card to any place I've tried before.
It really comes down to service.
For instance, a local sandwich place (actually it's a regional chain a certain announcer uses a lot during the broadcast of games), gave me such bad service a few years ago, I vowed to never go back. I ordered a sandwich, then stood there and listened to the workers fight over who was going to make it. Finally, I had to step in and ask about the problem. I mean really, there are plenty of sandwich places. If it's ordered, make it.
So, last night, I tried out a relatively new place in town. I've wanted to for awhile and it seemed like the right time.
The food and the beer selection was great. The service? Uh, let's just say it was below standards.
Look, I won't mention the place because it might have been a bad night, but if I go back and experience the same, well, there are plenty of places.

No comments: