Thursday, August 28, 2014

Little bit of rambling

Good Morning and it really was summer the last few days!

Admit it, it's been nice sleeping weather this summer, but you do miss the heat. Right? I mean, we live here because we like the change of seasons. The winter was a pain, but at least it felt like winter. This summer hasn't been hot enough.
I have a prediction, though, when school starts next week, it'll be 98 degrees. Oh well, at least I won't have to deal with overheated youths.
I think in a lot of ways we have, for lack of a better term, lost our way. Our corporate society has decided we are all just robots and don't actually need to be talked to like adults. Send an e-mail. Don't actually look anybody in the eye. Changes are always made, just be up front about them. Hiding behind walls is never the best way to handle situations.
I'll freely admit that once again I felt lost watching the MTV Video Music Awards. It wasn't the music so much, it's just I didn't think MTV played videos any longer.
For some strange reason, I look forward to a new TV season starting. I'm probably justifying the price of cable in my mind, but I like watching the new shows. Sure, I can wait until they hit Netflix. I guess I'm just old-fashioned that way.

This is still pretty funny:

No comments: