Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ruining the cool

Good Morning to the Internet!

Let's face it, we really don't need to carry a phone with all the latest technology.
We really don't need to have the ability to play Candy Crush while waiting for the light to change. We don't need to be connected all the time. Sometimes, we don't want to answer the phone.
You can admit it, you see the caller-id and let the phone go to voicemail a lot. You can always claim later you were in the bathroom or cleaning the kitchen or sleeping.
We carry these things around because it makes us feel cool.
Anything we want is right there. Need to cheat at Quizzo? Hold the phone under the bar. Need to win a bet? Quick, check Google.
So, when I was semi-excited when I heard Amazon was putting out something called the Fire phone. Great, I thought, everything from ordering sneakers to watching videos will be right there. I won't need anything else. We've finally reached the top level.
Then, I saw the commercials advertising the Fire phone.
Now, I don't feel so cool. I mean, really, a 9-year old telling me how great the thing is?
When does the iPhone6 come out?

No comments: