Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rise and Shine --- One of those days...

Good Morning and welcome back to the only place you can find this!

So, back in the day, one of the first albums I purchased (yes, before iPods and MP3s, you need to actually go to a star to pick up an album) was a recording of Rodney Dangerfield's stand-up routine.
Now, I don't remember the exact words, but one of the portions went like this:
"I reached over to turn off the alarm this morning and the bell fell off. I tried to open the door to my bedroom and the door knob fell off. I picked up my briefcase and the handle fell off. I'm afraid to use the bathroom."
Well, it got a good laugh on the album. Guess you had to be there.
Anyway, it's those kind of mornings everybody dreads. You feel like you got enough sleep, but, somehow, you are still behind the eight ball.
Hit the snooze button too many times? Check.
Forget to turn the timer on the coffee machine? Check.
Make it halfway to work and realize you forgot something? Check.
Repeat above? Check.
Sure, it would be easier to get back into bed, but, without that option, it's time to push on through the day.
Now, where did I put my glasses?

No comments: