Blogs > Rise and Shine

Good Morning everbody. Check here for your wake up call every day. We will have updated traffic, weather and few fun things to get you through the morning.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Rise and Shine --- Something different

Good Morning and welcome to a brand, spanking-new week!

Then again, to paraphrase The Who, meet the new week, same as the old week.
So, after playing about the 500th game of Angry Birds, I decided to check out a few of the other ways the iPhone can make life more interesting.
So, I started snapping photos, then found out I can edit them with a Photoshop app. Then found out I can put the photos into a slideshow on my television. Of course, I also found out that playing with the Fios app during an especially good episode of Scooby Doo can cause a lot of yelling.
I later found an App called Color. Apparently, it's some kind of social photo app. You take a photo of what you're doing at the time and then, through some kind of crazy, big-brother type thing, it shows you photos of everybody within 150 yards who are using Color. I took a photo in the newsroom and, shockingly, there were no other users around.
Finally, I started playing with something called 'qr codes.' For those not in the know, they are those little blocks at the bottom of some advertising. You download a reader and then take a photo of the block. It sends you to a website.
There's a lot of cool sounding reasons to check them out, but none better than this:
qrcode

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home