Monday, March 28, 2011

Rise and Shine --- Something different

Good Morning and welcome to a brand, spanking-new week!

Then again, to paraphrase The Who, meet the new week, same as the old week.
So, after playing about the 500th game of Angry Birds, I decided to check out a few of the other ways the iPhone can make life more interesting.
So, I started snapping photos, then found out I can edit them with a Photoshop app. Then found out I can put the photos into a slideshow on my television. Of course, I also found out that playing with the Fios app during an especially good episode of Scooby Doo can cause a lot of yelling.
I later found an App called Color. Apparently, it's some kind of social photo app. You take a photo of what you're doing at the time and then, through some kind of crazy, big-brother type thing, it shows you photos of everybody within 150 yards who are using Color. I took a photo in the newsroom and, shockingly, there were no other users around.
Finally, I started playing with something called 'qr codes.' For those not in the know, they are those little blocks at the bottom of some advertising. You download a reader and then take a photo of the block. It sends you to a website.
There's a lot of cool sounding reasons to check them out, but none better than this:
qrcode

No comments: