Monday, June 13, 2011

Rise and Shine --- End of Days?

Good Morning and here we are again!

Now that we are winding down the school year (and doesn't it go faster every year?), it's time to really think about the summer.
Every year at this time, I try not to look too far ahead. I don't want to think about what's going to happen in a couple of weeks (trip to Disney) or what might happen in July (swimming) or even August (maybe another trip). I want everything to slow down for the summer.
I want to enjoy the nice, hot days. The playing the backyard. The catches. The drives to Grandmom's pool. The cooking on the grill. The lighting of the Tiki torches. The spraying of water guns.
While many may be bemoaning the end of the school year, I revel in it. I want the voices around me. Sure, it's going to be frustrating at times (No, you can't have any more cookies!).
The summer, though, is my time. It's time enjoy these little things.
OK, by the end, I'll be looking forward to the start of school once again, but that's down the line. I want to feel and remember every minute of this summer.

No comments: