Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rise and Shine --- It's the shoes

Good Morning and here we are again!

All day yesterday, I heard the same question: "Is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet?"
For one of the few times, it wasn't about waiting for cookies coming out of the oven or going to the playground.
Tuesday was a special day for a 6-year old I know. Sure, she's had big life moments come and go over the last few weeks. There was the end of kindergarten, the taking off of training wheels and learning how to whistle.
Still, Tuesday was special. Tuesday was the dance recital day.
Truth be told, she was getting kind of bored with dance class every Saturday. Most Saturday mornings, I had to remind her about the fun of class. I had to talk her into getting the tights on, getting the stuff together.
For the last month, though, it's been different. They've been going over the routine. They've been talking about getting on the stage.
So, the time came Tuesday night, the lights were out and, behind the curtain, you could here the movement of little feet.
You can't help but smile when you see the spotlight greeted by the smiles. To me, it was better than any show I've seen.
Now, I'll have to convince her to put the costume away.

No comments: