Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Blueberries? Who doesn't like blueberries?

Good Morning and are those aliens flying around in the sky?

OK, first of all, I wan to get this out of the way. I never, ever, used PEDs while writing this blog. I've never met Tony Bosch. Up until a few months ago, I thought Biogenesis was some new way of explaining Darwin.
Thanks. I feel like a burden has been lifted off my shoulders.
Now, to the nonsense...
Every Sunday morning I make fresh waffles, but I mix up the ingredients. Some Sundays we may have a maple/walnut waffle. The next week it will be banana/chocolate chip or maybe oatmeal/raisin.
After they are made and put on the table we play a little Guess the Ingredient game. Mostly by the second waffle, the gang has all the mix-ins down.
This weekend, I decided to add blueberries. I mean, who doesn't like blueberry waffles?
Well, I found them. Two of my diners all of a sudden announced they hated blueberries. One toasted himself a bagel.
The other? Well, she still wanted the waffles, but decided to pick out the blueberries. By the time she was done, there was probably at least another waffle on the plate attached to blueberries.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"You know I don't eat blueberries," the 8-year old said. "I picked them out. And Dad, don't ever put them in again."
I'll teach them. Next Sunday it will be spinach waffles. Then we'll see how fast they beg for blueberries.

No comments: