Blogs > Rise and Shine

Good Morning everbody. Check here for your wake up call every day. We will have updated traffic, weather and few fun things to get you through the morning.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

You want an actual book?

Good Morning and, come on, who's really loving this humidity?

About a year ago, I purchased a Kindle. It's not one of those fancy ones with games and videos and more games. It's just a basic Kindle.
I found out I could 'rent' books through the library web site. Since I never remembered to bring books back to the library on time (I seriously had a $10 fine once) this was a great solution.
I've probably read more books in the last year than I had in the previous decade, so the Kindle has proved to be a wise investment.
Of course, when I first got it, the group at home was enamored with it. They all wanted to read books on the Kindle. It got to the point where I had schedule times each could use it. Once again, not a bad thing. They were reading, but it felt somehow different.
For Christmas, somebody was getting rid of a basic Nook for cheap. OK, I thought, perfect. I can keep my Kindle and they could use the Nook.
Worked great. We were reading. We were talking about the stories.
So, of course, I figured it would be easy to get through the school's summer reading lists.
"Hey guys," I said, "I downloaded some of your summer reading on the Nook."
"I want a real book or I'm not reading," said the 8-year old.
"I thought you liked reading on the touch screen."
"It's not the same," she said. "I want a real book or I'm not reading."
I thought those days were gone.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home